Fun,Friends, games,trivia, recipes, discussions, news, links, forwards, jokes, and more!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  TRIVIA  
ENJOY SUMMER

Share | 

Google TV (Android TV) Tips

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carlszone

Male
Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-10-22

PostSubject: Google TV (Android TV) Tips   Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:54 am

Hi Folks

In this thread I would like to discuss some of the tricks, tips and quirks of Google TV gleaned from various sources but mainly from what I can remember from the info provided in the Web-Nuts forum.

I have owned the Logitech Revue and am currently using the Sony GS-7. I have tried out the Hisense Pulse, the Vizio Co-Star, and the Netgear NeoTV PRIME. Most features are similar w/the exception of some native apps and how & where settings are located. I am curently using two Logitech Revue K700 keyboards, one for the GS-7 the other for my PC w/the Logitech Unifying Receivers.

Please feel free to add any tips on features on your device.

Thanks

Carl
Back to top Go down
Carlszone

Male

PostSubject: Syncing Bookmarks   Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:19 am

Syncing  Bookmarks

This feature is one of the most important. Also it can be a little tricky setting it up. Normally, your bookmarks will be synced by default. But often the need for Factory Resets will leave you vulnerable to losing all your favorites. Keep in mind that there are two separate bookmark pages. An easy way to ensure that your bookmarks are synced is to look for the "Other Bookmarks" folder. If it isn't there then you are not on the synced bookmark page.

To Sync:

From Chrome Settings check "Bookmarks." box. Then click on the E-mail address for the acct you want to sync bookmarks for. Go to Favorites and make sure Other Bookmarks folder is there.

This feature works for Factory Resets. It also worked for me between some of the new units I've tried. Also, if you have any devices, tablets, or PCs that uses the Chrome browser you will find all yer Favs there once you sign in.

Last edited by carlszone on Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carlszone

Male

PostSubject: Syncing Apps   Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:34 am

Syncing Apps

This feature can save ya the headache of having to download all your apps individually after a Factory Reset or when signing on to a new  GTV device. When it works it is great to watch as each app automatically downloads on your new unit.

To Sync.

From Home Setting>Accounts And Sync. Check Background Data and Auto-Sync boxes. Then click on the e-mail address of the account you want to sync under Manage Accounts. Lastly make sure that the green 'Sync is on' icon is lit.

*This feature worked for me on every device I've tried w/the exception of the Vizio Co-Star.
Back to top Go down
Carlszone

Male

PostSubject: Re: Google TV (Android TV) Tips   Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:52 am

If for any reason you do lose all yer apps all is not lost. First, all paid & free apps you own for the life of the app unless otherwise specified by the developer. Also they can be transferred free to any compatible Android devices. While the Google Play Store app lists only currently installed apps on your device, you can access the history of all android apps you've installed at the Google Play Store in Chrome. Just sign into your Google acct.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Google TV (Android TV) Tips   

Back to top Go down

Google TV (Android TV) Tips
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1